This recipe was created by Sara Stevens, of The Forest and Fig, to launch our video series. View the full video on our Youtube channel!
Do you ever get a craving for a really solid meal? When you want all the fixings for a well-balanced sandwhich, and you need your protein? This recipe is designed to tick all those boxes.
6 red peppers
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup cashews, roasted
1/2 cup almonds, roasted
2-3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Place peppers skins up on a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast at 425 for 20-30 minutes until skins are blackened and charred.
2. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Gently peel back charred skins from the peppers and discard.
In a food processor, blend nuts and olive oil until smooth.
4. Add peppers, vinegar, salt and paprika and puree until you have a creamy mixture. Add a splash more olive oil if mixture is too thick.
1 Cup quinoa
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can white beans, rinsed & drained
1 egg or flax egg if making vegan
1/2 onion, diced finely
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Seasons, as desired
1. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer until fluffy.
Mix quinoa with all ingredients above, saving a bit of basil for garnishing.
2. Hand-form mixture into patty shapes.
3. Heat oil on pan on medium and cook - we used coconut oil. Cook till crispy on the outside.
4. Place quinoa burgers into buns. top with romesco sauce, basil, add lettuce and tomato slices. Enjoy!