Your goodbye summer salad is here. Peaches and tomatoes make happy companions - the bread cubes and herbs make this a filling, light lunch. Add a soup on the side for a more filling lunch.
- 4 cups spring mix (or any organic greens you have on hand)
- 4 thick slices of bread, cut into cubes
- 4-6 heirloom tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 of one red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss bread chunks in olive oil and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 8-12 minutes until crisp.
- Once croutons are done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients & set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss the greens, croutons, peaches, tomatoes & basil
- Transfer to individual bowls, drizzle salad dressing and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings. Original recipe here.