This recipe was created in collaboration with Emily Davies, of Wholesome Slice. Follow her Instagram for more recipes like this one!
Hello readers! You are feasting your eyes on my latest creation: the cauliflower crust pizza with roasted garlic romesco sauce, cinnamon spiced butternut squash, and smoked chickpeas.
This is hands down, my favourite pizza I've made to date. .
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 medium size cauliflower head, stems & leaves removed
1 c almond meal
1/2 c brown rice flower
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground psyllium husk
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to bowl.
3. Process cauliflower in food processor to make cauliflower rice-like texture. Pour cauliflower rice into boiling water to blanch for 1.5 minutes.
4. Line a strainer with a nut-mylk cloth bag. Pour cauliflower into bag and run over with cold water. Strain out excess water.
5. In a bowl, mix together cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Form into a ball and place on lined baking tray. Press out to desired pizza shape.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the bottom edges are beginning to brown. Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. Place back in the oven for 5-8 minutes to finish baking.
7. Cut into slices and enjoy! :)