This is a continuation off the recipes we experimented with after having so many left over from our photoshoot earlier last month. Serve both with pita, crackers, vegetables or tortilla chips! Our white bean dip takes flavours from Italy, while the black bean dip is Mexican.
White Bean Dip
- 1 can (15 oz) of white beans, e.g. cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped*
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil + 1 Tbs to finish
- ½ c parsley, rinsed and picked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pita chips, crackers, fresh cut vegetables to serve
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until blended smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and (optionally) drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
Black Bean Dip
Made from the recipe on Huffpost
Though beans are bland on their own, adding lots of spices, lime juce, herbs and onions
2 cup black beans
2 white onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1/2 bunch parsley
1. Begin by cooking the onions, garlic and jalapeños in olive oil until very soft, about ten minutes. It's best to leave the garlic in bigger chunks - if you chop it too finely, it will burn.
2. Meanwhile, rinse the black beans.
3. Combine the beans with onion mixture, salt, cumin, lime juice, water and fresh cilantro in a blender or food processor.
Serve this at your next BBQ party. We blended both for breakfast. Whatever way you serve it, it's healthy, flavourful and so delicious. Enjoy!